In this article, we will bring to you some reasons for the occurrence of yellow nails as well as top impressive home remedies on how to get rid of it. When it comes to discolored nail, there might be several problems with your overall health. Otherwise, your body may react to the beauty products you put on it.
In this case, if your nails are turning to yellow color, perhaps you have caught an infection or fungal problem. So you should check your nail polish, commonly it seems to come from this product. As you might know, some nail polishes and other products can contain the toxic chemicals – in a simple term known as toxic trio. Before using nail polish you had better choose the one with a non-toxic label and popular brand. Consequently, you can protect yourself and lower the potential health risks.
What Causes Yellow Nails?
However, yellow nails is the condition which can happen to both men and women. As mentioned above, it is popular with women due to nail polish. On the other hand, yellow nail designs may be the symptoms of several diseases such as lymphatic obstruction, chronic lung disease, bad lifestyle or smoking. In fact, your new nail will eventually replace the old one in a few weeks, it will be healthy and bright color. Therefore, don’t be worried, you only need to supply your body with enough vitamins and minerals in order to promote your nail growth as well as appearance. If your nail continues to have the yellow color, you have to see the doctor for proper diagnosis.
Here are the top amazing home remedies on how to get rid of yellow nails that you can follow and try right at your home easily. So you will treat this problem quickly and strengthen your nails.
The simplest home remedy for yellow nail designs we would like to show you is lemon. Thanks to the astringent substance in lemon, it has the natural bleaching ability to your nails. Lemon helps you eliminate the infection and stain from your nails immediately.
How to apply
- Pour the lemon juice into a big bowl and dip your nails in it about 15 minutes. Then get a toothbrush and use it to clean off the bad stains from your nails. Afterward, wash your hands with fresh water and moisturize the affected nails with essential lotion. Repeat this tip every day until the yellow nails are disappeared.
- Another option is to rub directly a slice of lemon on your yellow nail designs for 5 – 10 minutes and then clean your hands with fresh water. Keep doing this home remedy daily to whiten your nails.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is widely considered as an effective home remedy for yellow nails that you should try. With the antiseptic and antifungal substances, tea tree oil can remove the yellow stains and prevent the infection from further spreading.
How to apply
- Pour on your nails some drops of tea tree oil. After a few minutes, clean your fingers with warm water. Repeat this solution twice a day to get rid of yellow nail designs.
- Alternatively, you can form a mixture of lemon and tea tree oil, it is supposed that with this tip you can get the better result. Apply the equal amounts of lemon juice and tea tree oil on your affected nails. Leave it there for 5 – 10 minutes. Apply this home remedy a couple of times per day to deal with yellow nails.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Another impressive home remedy for yellow nail syndrome is hydrogen peroxide. Thanks to the whitening substance, hydrogen peroxide aids you in curing yellow nails.
How to apply
- Prepare a glass of water and add 5 – 6 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide into it.
- Dip your nails in it about several minutes.
- Clean your affected nails slowly with a toothbrush.
- Rinse your hands with fresh water.
- Follow this home remedy for 2 – 3 times a day.
In addition, it is noted that you had better use the mixture with 3 percent of hydrogen peroxide in order to avoid damaging your nails.
- Orange Peel
Orange peel is a huge source of vitamin C that makes it become an ideal home remedy on how to cure yellow nails. Indeed, vitamin C can help you clear the bad stains from your nails.
How to apply
- Prepare some orange peels.
- Use them to rub against your yellow nails.
- Repeat this trick for a couple of times per day until the yellow stains go away.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
The outstanding tip on the list of home remedies for yellow nail syndrome is apple cider vinegar. The antifungal substance in apple cider vinegar helps you fight against the infection as well as remove the fungus. Moreover, it is good for your nails’ strength and appearance.
How to apply
- Combine apple cider vinegar with fresh water in a similar proportion to create a liquid.
- Dip your nails in it about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wait for your nails to dry naturally.
- Afterward, moisturize them with essential lotion.
- Repeat this home remedy for 2 – 3 times a day until there is an improvement.