Everything about Ovulation
Ovulation is one of the four steps in the menstrual cycle in the primate mammals. Ovulation in medical term means the release of an egg from the ovary after its maturation in the ovaries for about 28 days. During the ovulation when an egg is released, it remains in the fallopian tube for about 48 hours. During these 48 hours, the released egg is ready to be fertilized. In other words, it means that if an egg encounters with a sperm during the two-day long ovulation, it could result in a possible pregnancy. Every menstruating woman goes through the Ovulation on the 14th day of a 28-day long menstrual cycle. If the egg doesn’t get fertilized, the uterine lining is shed and this when women get their periods.
How to identify the most fertile days?
Usually maximum women have the most fertile period five days prior to ovulation and then on ovulation day itself. You can use a number of online applications and calculators to keep a track of your most fertile days.The lengths of their cycle generally varies and the process of ovulation occurs 2 weeks in advance of start of your subsequent period. It’s difficult to point out exactly when the egg shall get released however since the sperm generally sticks around for almost 1 week after the intercourse, the best time for conceiving is from day 11 till day 16. This is the time you must have regular intercourse. In order to conceive.
Signs and symptoms of Ovulation
- The signs and symptoms of Ovulation
If you keep a thorough track of your menstrual cycle, you will know when you are ovulating, that us, on the 14th day. However, if you are not so calculative, believe your instincts and the symptoms that a female body gives away indicating ovulation. Listed below are a few of the most common signs observed during a couple of days of ovulation.
- Slight brownish to white color spotting
- Slight soreness on the sides of your pelvis would be evident
- An increase in the sex drive due to the rise in estrogen level
- An increase in the senses, such as smell and touch
- Slight abdominal bloating
- Tender breast and slight increase in its size
- Mucus release from the cervix
Now that you have a list of most probable symptoms indicating ovulation, you can most definitely avoid unwanted pregnancy. Even during protected sex, chances of pregnancy are highest considering the fact that a female body is highly fertile during these two days.
As mentioned earlier, the only precaution one needs to take is, avoid intercourse if you do not wish to get pregnant any sooner. Since the body is fertile during ovulation, it is next to impossible to not get pregnant.
Instead, pay attention to your body during ovulation and invest into healthy eating so as to make your body rich and healthy.
- Expert Advice
The experts say that if you are planning on conceiving, then follow the below given guide:
- Quit alcohol consumption or smoking to avoid complications.
- The best way of getting pregnant is by having sex 2-3 days before ovulation. The reason is the fact that a sperm cell lives up to 3 days in the female fallopian tube.
- Food rich in zinc can increase your chances of getting pregnant as Zinc helps in progesterone secretion and cell division. Fish, whole grains, eggs, and figs are most recommended.
Some interesting facts about Ovulation
- During the ejaculation process, over 250 million sperms would be released out of which almost 400 would make it to the fallopian tube after the ten-hour passage through the cervix from the vagina.But it would be only one sperm which would penetrate the egg by burrowing through outer membrane of your egg.
- In case you feel that you are not able to conceive it is time that you check your stress levels and these also affect ovulation. In case you are planning for a baby for quite a while now, you better start a workout routine and get healthy. Any kind of stress or diseases can wreak havoc to your dream of conceiving a baby.
- As a matter of fact, the baby’s gender is determined from the time the sperm enters the egg. In case the sperm is carrying an X chromosome, you will have a girl and in case it is Y chromosome, it will be a boy.
- Each lady is born with a huge number of immature eggs 50% of which get consumed by ovaries prior to achieving adolescence, the rest of them keep sitting tight for the ovulation cycle to start. You would be amazed to know that just about 300 to 500 of these wind up becoming developed eggs in the lifetime.
- As a matter of fact, you can have your menstrual flow regardless of the fact that you haven’t ovulated. And even if you are not having a period you can still ovulate.
- A few ladies encounter some kind of bleeding as the lining of their womb gets burrowed by the fertilized egg. This is known as implantation bleeding and if regularly be mistaken for a period. On the off chance that an egg isn’t treated by a sperm amid the ovulation time frame, it will deteriorate and be retained into the coating of the uterus or go out with the menstrual stream.
- The ovulation process is dependent on two kind of hormones, amid the most prolific seven day stretch of your cycle, your levels of luteinizing hormones (LH) and follicle animating hormone (FSH) will shoot up leading to the stimulation of the generation of follicles in the ovary.
- One follicle will wind up bigger than the others to create an egg every month. Generally just a single egg will be discharged amid each cycle and that follicle will likewise begin to deliver estrogen, which advises your body to begin thickening the coating of the womb for conceiving.
- After the egg gets discharged, the same follicle which is now void and empty (medically called as corpus letuem) will begin creating another hormones such as progesterone. This hormone keeps the arrival of any more eggs this cycle. The progesterone level stays sufficiently high so as to keep any more eggs from being discharged for the following 12 to 16 days, after which the menstrual cycle will begin once more. Progesterone hormone is available in conception prevention pills.
- You would be amazed to know that the egg is even littler than the pin’s head when it is discharged amid ovulation.
- In spite of the fact that a considerable measure of ladies don’t encounter any physical indications of ovulating, one of every five women will encounter stomach pain.
- Apart from this, other sign of ovulating in an unmistakable clear release during the days women are paving the way to ovulation. It might sound gross, however take a stab and extend it between two fingers so you recognize what to pay special mind to every month.
It is evident from reading the above given guide that Ovulation is the day of conceiving. The only advice for women out there is to be sure whether or not you wish to get pregnant. If yes, then follow the expert advice and you would be expecting real soon. If not, then sit back and relax. The female body is beautiful and so is its various working phenomenon.